TERMS AND CONDITIONS for DRUID16
This is a DRUID website. Thank you for examining our terms and conditions.
1. Submitted papers must be anonymous: the name and affiliation of the author or authors must be removed throughout the paper before submission.
2. Submitted papers must not exceed a maximum of 12000 words including notes, tables, appendices, list of references, etc.
3. Only previously unpublished research is eligible. A paper already published in full or in part in a book or in an electronic or traditional paper journal is thus not eligible.
4. Only novel research is eligible. A submitted paper must be the authors or authors own original work. Submitted papers must provide an
"accurate account of the work performed as well as an objective discussion of its significance. Underlying data should be represented accurately in the paper... The authors should ensure that they have written entirely original works, and if the authors have used the work and/or words of others, that this has been appropriately cited or quote" (elsevier, captured December 1st, 2013).
5. Plagiarism or knowingly inaccurate statements are unacceptable.
Plagiarism may be defined as "wrongful appropriation" and "purloining and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions" and the representation of them as one's own original work" is "considered academic dishonesty or academic fraud" (Wikipedia, captured December 1st, 2013).
DRUID will screen submitted papers for plagiarism so defined by using state-of-the-art software packages (such as iThenticate). In addition, all reviewers of submitted papers and all discussants or session chairs are requested to alert DRUID of any suspicion of plagiarism.
If DRUID becomes aware of any confirmed suspicion of plagiarism in a submitted paper, action will be taken following the guidelines
provided by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). In severe cases this might include contacting the superior and/or person responsible for research governance at the author's or authors' home institution. DRUID also reserves the right to inform RePEc Plagiarism Committe, when appropriate, and/or to establish its own public webpage
displaying details of DRUID plagiarism offenders.
6. Submission of a paper grants permission to DRUID to include it in the conference material and to place it on the relevant websites, but the remaining (next to full) copy rights over the paper belongs exclusively to the submitting author, who can request that the paper is removed from the conference websites one month after the closing of the conference to which it was submitted.
Cancellations received before May 1: Payments refunded in full.
Cancellations received during May: Payments refunded with a 50 % reduction.
Cancellations received in June: No refund.
If you are only browsing this web site we do not capture data that allows us to identify you individually. Our host automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, and the page(s) requested. Although user sessions are tracked, the users remain anonymous.
If you choose to register for an event or send an email that contains personally identifiable data for us to process to render you a service, we may share relevant data within our university partners or our current local event organizers in order to serve you efficiently and effectively, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation. We may also need to disclose personal data as required by law or a court order. We will NOT share your personal data with private organizations, except where such entities have been authorized to carry out specific services for us.
We will only send you unsolicited information about activities, ser or products (such as newsletters etc.) if organized by DRUID. We will only pass on information from a third party if directly related to a DRUID activity or service you have explicitly signed up for.
For your convenience, when you are carrying out a transaction using your personally identifiable data, we may also display to you data you had previously supplied to us. This will speed up the transaction and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should the data be out-of-date, please supply us with the latest data. We will retain your personal data only as necessary for the effective delivery of services or activities to which you have actively subscribed or registered.
This site may contain links to other independently-managed websites outside the DRUID domain whose data protection and privacy practices may be different from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to examine the privacy notices of those sites.